Invisalign® in Manhattan, NYC
Straightening teeth is nothing like it was in the past. With Invisalign aligners, you can discreetly achieve a straighter smile with less trips to the dentist. It’s become the industry standard for modern orthodontics treatment that has helped countless people love the way they look. Invisalign treatment plans are completely customized to your teeth and needs. If a crooked smile has you down, get started with a consultation with our dental team near Central Park South in Manhattan, NYC. We’ll design a plan just for you to confidently get you to where you want to be!
What is Invisalign?
In the past Invisalign might have looked like a novelty. A little clear piece of plastic can straighten teeth as well as traditional metal braces dentists have used for years? We can confidently say it’s true, and there are countless results to back it up.
Invisalign works just like braces by applying gentle pressure to teeth to gradually shift them into proper position. Instead of using the tension of an arch wire, it uses thin and flexible trays that are custom-fitted to your bite. Trays are typically worn for two week periods before they’re replaced by a new tray until you reach your final result. Each tray is made with expert precision for a comfortable fit. Plus, Invisalign comes with the benefit of professional guidance at Park South Dentistry compared to other solutions so you’ll always have guidance at hand. With Invisalign, you can have your dream smile without the discomfort of traditional braces.
Invisalign vs Braces
Compared to traditional metal braces, Invisalign has several advantages that make them the preferred modern orthodontic treatment for many patients:
- Improved comfort: Invisalign aligns teeth without the need of metal brackets and wires. They’re less bulky, less abrasive, and designed with a custom fit for maximum comfort.
- Virtually invisible: Made from a clean and lightweight plastic, Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible for an improved appearance. With Invisalign, there’s no need to worry about bulky metal when you flash your smile.
- Easier eating: With traditional braces, a number of foods are off the table to prevent sticking between or damaging the wires. Invisalign is easily removed before meals, so you can enjoy any foods you wish.
- Better oral health: Braces are bonded to teeth and create a barrier that may make daily hygiene more difficult. Whenever you’re ready to brush and floss, Invisalign can be removed for easy access. This helps fight off gum disease or tooth decay that may require dental fillings in the future.
- Removable: Invisalign trays can be taken out at any time. This gives you freedom and flexibility to eat, clean, and take photos as you please.
- Fewer dental visits: Traditional braces require regular adjusting every two weeks or so to stay effective. With Invisalign, you’ll check in with your dentist in six week intervals for less appointments to manage.
Best Candidates for Invisalign Aligners
Invisalign is ideal for mild to moderate misalignment issues. It’s effective for under and over bites, crooked teeth, crowding, crossbites, protruding teeth, and more. Patients with severe orthodontic or jaw alignment issues may require traditional braces to fully fix their bite.
Before beginning Invisalign treatment, it’s important to have healthy teeth and gums. If restorative treatment is necessary, we’ll suggest resolving those issues first. This way, you can make the most of your teeth straightening process without any unnecessary discomfort or pain. In your consultation, we’ll perform a full examination of your teeth and design a treatment plan that sets you up for success.
Straighten Your Smile the Modern Way
Invisalign is a lifesaver for people who want straighter teeth without the pain points of traditional braces. At Park South Dentistry, you’ll get the expert care you need to transform your smile with complete peace of mind. We stay at your side every step of the way for a simple, effective solution to teeth misalignment. If you’re ready to see a more attractive, healthier smile, book an Invisalign consultation at our Manhattan dental office today.