Dental Implants in Manhattan, NYC
Tooth loss is a common issue that can affect your confidence and your ability to eat, speak, and smile properly. We are here to help, providing advanced solutions for replacing missing teeth with dental implants. Our talented team makes the process of getting dental implants simple and comfortable. We’re here to make sure you get the quality care and solutions you need, so contact us today to learn more about dental implants and how we can help you restore your beautiful smile.
Dental Implants: Permanent Tooth Replacement Solutions
Dental implants are a safe, permanent solution to missing teeth. They are artificial tooth roots made of titanium metal that act like the real root of your natural tooth. The implant is surgically placed into the jawbone and allowed to fuse with the bone over time. This creates a strong foundation for replacement teeth that look, feel, and function like natural teeth. A dental implant is an excellent option when looking for a long-term, durable tooth replacement. With dental implants from Park South Dentistry, it’s possible to restore a healthy smile and regain your confidence worry-free.
Dental Implants Procedure
The dental implant process can take several months to complete, but is well worth the investment for a permanent and incredibly natural appearing and functioning solution to tooth loss. We begin with an examination of your jaw health and oral structure. A strong jawbone is necessary to support the implant, and you may be referred to a specialist if bone grafting is necessary.
Once we’re ready to begin, a titanium rod is inserted into the jawbone to serve as an anchor for your dental implant. The implant then needs some time to heal and fuse with the bone before we can move on to the second visit where the prosthetic tooth crown will be placed on top of it. With subsequent visits, our team at Park South Dentistry will monitor the progress and make any necessary adjustments to ensure that your dental implant looks, feels, and functions just like your natural teeth.
Unique Advantages of Dental Implants
- Protect surrounding teeth: The surrounding teeth that hold dental bridges in place must be shaped to fit dental crowns. Dental implants are supported directly by the jawbone, preserving the health of your existing teeth.
- Support jaw health: The titanium rod fuses with the jawbone, stimulating the bone as a natural root to prevent deterioration and changes to your face shape.
- More comfortable: Without the risk of slippage or friction, dental implants most resemble the comfort and function of the rest of your natural teeth.
- Permanent solutions: Dentures and dental bridges are long-lasting, but both need eventual replacements. Comparatively, dental implants can be permanent solutions for tooth loss with proper care.
- Improved appearance and confidence: Dental implants create a seamless restoration with the rest of your natural teeth. You can count on renewed confidence with a smile worth showing off once again.
- Restore natural functionality: With a stable base and no risk of slippage, dental implants give you back your ability to eat and speak with ease.
- Simple maintenance: Dental implants are cared for just like your natural teeth: brush and floss daily, and schedule regular checkups with your dentist for a lifetime of healthy smiles.
Check out our other restorative dentistry services
Book a Consultation to Bring Your Smile Back
We strive to provide the highest level of care when it comes to dental implants. Our compassionate approach to dental implant care makes it easy for you to get the results you desire in comfort. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about how our team can help you with your dental implant needs, contact us online or call (212) 355-2000 today to book a consultation.