Is the appearance of your teeth causing you to hide your smile or smile less often? Your smile is one of the most noticeable — and powerful — facial expressions you own. If you have teeth that are crooked, discolored or gapped, it may be time to take action and address these concerns through cosmetic dentistry. A more confident smile means you can take advantage of the following benefits of smiling:
- Stress Reducer:
- Did you know that smiling can help you relieve stress? Recent studies show that the act of smiling can reduce stress in your body and mind in the same way that a good night’s sleep does. Smiling decreasing the stress-induced hormones that can harm your mental and physical health.
- Mood Booster:
- Smiling changes your mood for the better. Psychologists discovered that even if you’re in a bad mood, you can instantly feel better if you force yourself to smile.
- Your Best First Impression:
- A smile can be recognized from up to 300 feet away. It is one of the top attraction features that you possess.
- Valuable Career Asset:
- Holding back your smile may be causing you to miss career opportunities. Studies report that people who smile at work are more likely to get a promotion than those who avoid a grin. Smiling gives off a vibe of attraction, social ability and confidence.
- Immune System Booster:
- Not only does smiling improve your mental health, but it can also boost your physical health. When you smile, your body is more relaxed, which promotes a stronger immune system and supports your overall health.
Is the look of your teeth causing you to miss out on these powerful benefits of smiling? Ask your dentist about your options in cosmetic dentistry. There are cosmetic services to address all types of aesthetic concerns, ranging from teeth whitening and bonding to porcelain veneers and dental implants. Investing in your smile can mean you start reaping the rewards of better mental and physical health.